While choosing the right lipstick comes down to our favourite color, the criteria should also include the best suitable shade and undertone for you. When shopping next at your favourite cosmetic store, keeping in mind these pointers will certainly help you decide the most important part of your Bridal makeup look.
For reference, study lip colours based on your skin tone in the photo with this write up.
1. Universally flattering super matte red lipstick is a hot favourite to go with bridal makeup, whether you are wearing a lehenga in shades of red, yellow, gold or soft neutral tones. Its one thing you can never go wrong with, which does not necessarily mean you’re playing it safe. Red is a color which speaks confidence. Whether teamed up with sparkly gold eyes, softly smudged kohl eyes or bronzed eyes, this color certainly stands out and never goes out of fashion.
2. Plum shades for brides, opting for outfits other than red goes with most Indian brides with olive skin. This colour gives a soft look over all, it is also smart to play with the eyes a tad more when opting for a plum lip shade. This undertone goes well with brides wearing pink toned outfits, or pastel shades as well. It also looks the best on medium to dark skin tone.
3. Pink lipstick is a must have, but often mistaken for pale shades that look washed out in pictures. Choose a warmer tone with more colour pigment on your D-day, the trick is to play it smart with golds, bronzes, browns, and it brings out brightness to the over all look.
4. Raspberry pink – this is a deep pink colour for those with warmer or more dusky skin tones, opting for something pink on their lips instead of reds. Keep it matte and classy, the colour beautifully shows off a brighter complexion.
5. Nudes – when opting for nudes make sure to go with a slightly warmer pink or peach undertone, to make sure your lips don’t look washed out in pictures. This shade is also a good choice for brides going for very glamorous smokey eye makeup, then this lip shade balances the over all look by playing softer on the lips. Adding a nude or transparent gloss to this lip shade is a good choice to emphasize the dewiness on the face
6. Shocking bright pink – when the pink is shocking like a fuchsia, electric pink, etc its advisable to play low key with rest of the face. Go bare minimal on the eyes with a neutral matte or sparkly eye shadow , and winged eye liner. Keep your skin soft and dewy. Strobing your face works magically with bright lip colours and brings out the best of this look.
7. For day time weddings opt for a dressy yet polished pink, which is not too bright and shocking to the eyes for daylight. At the same time, be smart to choose the right pink for your skin tone. Only keeping in mind one simple tip while picking your lip shade, as warm as your skin tone goes, make sure the lipstick is an equally warmer tone in the pink family.
8. Soft corals for a dreamy outdoor wedding. Day time or evening weddings, for fair to medium skin tones, corals are the best choice if you love and dream of a fresh dewy wedding makeup look. Keep the entire makeup in the same undertone and soft highlights with subtle gold sheen on the face.
9. Deep berry or deep red is a classic look for brides with every skin tone. If you love makeup and dare to be a classy bride, this is a hot favourite! Keep your eye makeup colours very minimal, don’t let your eye liner over power the look. Heavy lashes and well groomed brows are a must to make a statement with these well defined deep red / berry lips.