Marriage, being an important and crucial affair in India, is a tie-up between two families, and a commitment of love, care and belongingness.
Imagine if this commitment or relationship is affected due to disharmony among the placement of areas in the house. Many of us might disagree with it but as per Vastu, the bed and bedroom are very important areas to maintain love and harmony of a relationship.
Below we have listed the ideal room set-up for a beautiful matrimonial relationship:
- Ideal place for bedroom is in the south-west, south, west or between north and north-west. Never have your bedroom in south-east zone as it causes frictions and clashes in relationship.
- It is recommended to use a queen size bed without boxes, and preferably with a ‘single’ mattress. You can also get the mattress stitched to appear as one or place a foam fitted sheet to cover the whole bed.
- The area under the bed should be kept clean and dust-free to avoid negativity in the room. Avoid shoes, slippers etc… inside the bedroom, especially under the bed.
- Prefer light and soothing colours in the bedroom to bring more love and understanding in your life.
- Avoid sleeping under a beam running lengthwise; to overcome this problem hang two crossed bamboo flutes from the beam facing downwards.
- A pair of doves or swans along with pictures of happy memories must be displayed in the south-west corner of the room.
- Pointed objects like nails, iron spikes or sharp-edged furniture should not be pointed towards the bed. Dustbins and brooms must be out of sight.
- An L-shaped bedroom creates a sharp corner from the intersection of the two walls pointing across the room. Make sure that the corner is not pointing to the bed as the occupants would ultimately suffer from health issues.
- Do not keep an open mandir or create temple area in the bedroom.
So, when setting up your bedroom, keep this advice in mind to maintain a happy and healthy relationship with your partner.